Video Files on Forum ×

Stop whining

Please, please. I've been seeing too much whining and complaining about what your keyboard doesn't have, how bad Casio is for whatever reason. Please, if you don't have something constructive or useful, or a real question, please stop whining. Call Casio and tell them. I come here to get information, pass on things I've learned from others. I know the administrators work hard to keep this forum up there in quality of content, keeping spam out and answering questions. There are plenty of other music companies that might make what you want Casio to make. Or modify your own equipment-find out how difficult that is if you don't like something. But please stop whining. Makes me want to barf.

• Like 12

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh no, shouldn't have gotten me started! A good whine goes well with.....a cheezy organ patch...I told you not to get me started! And if overeating for Thanksgiving didn't give you a stomach-ache, this surely will....my brother made me a cd of his best "hits", I'll never forgive him for it....

https://richardcheese.com/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, Jokeyman123 said:

Oh no, shouldn't have gotten me started! A good whine goes well with.....a cheezy organ patch...I told you not to get me started! And if overeating for Thanksgiving didn't give you a stomach-ache, this surely will....my brother made me a cd of his best "hits", I'll never forgive him for it....

https://richardcheese.com/index.html

I watched/listened to a few Richard Cheese vids, including on the Jimmy Kimmel show doing the hip hop song "Baby Got Back" in very upbeat lounge lizard style.  It's hilarious.  Your brother is Richard Cheese?

Not to change the topic, but I was going to "Like" some posts and have been getting the message "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today."  I don't understand.  There's a limit on the number of "Likes" you can do on this forums?   I didn't see that in the guidelines.  Was there a problem with too much "Like"ing here in the past?  Anyway, this is not a whine.  I'm just curious.  I was going to be sarcastic, but that's just a different form of whining, sort of.  Do you know about the like limit?  Like, whoops I mean such as, what it is?  10? 20?  Thanks for any info on this.

No, no,no!  I meant my brother made a Cd of Rchard Cheez for me! I have alot of brothers, but none of them are Richard Cheez-unless I missed something. And no, I didn't see anything in our user agreements here that there is a limit to reactions. maybe just a temporary glitch in the forum servers or software. I just noticed from last year (yeah I'm quick) methodman's idea for a tone of the week for one of our Casios. I like it. I've done a few for the PX560-one hex for the XW-but this would be a great idea. Brad, Joe or Charles=could we maybe start a new thread just for that-I know we can post sounds in the uploads section-but maybe create a separate section there specifically for that-would be an interesting motivator and challenge for some of us that like creating new tones-not everybody's idea of a good time i know, but would be across all Casio keyboards that can be programmed-WK/CTK, MZ series, XW's, any of the older models-some can program new tones and of course the 560.

• Like 1

Thanks for clearing up that Cheese thing.  Also, probably, the reaction limit thing.  Hopefully it's just some sort of anomaly.  I was able to "Like" your above post.

The idea of a Tone Of The Week pertaining to all programmable Casio keyboards seems like a good one to me.   I will eventually be getting into layering with my PX560, and what you and methodman propose would probably increase my motivation.  It would be a fun enhancement.

I'm gonna watch some Richard Cheese videos now.   Just kidding.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am putting forth a challenge-and will try it myself-for anyone who has one of the programmable CTK's/WK's-I think the CTX and MZ-x which of course can load samples, right? How about trying-if you have a CZ-to duplicate some of those sounds-even better-an older CTK, MT or even one of the SK sampling Casios that had stock sounds built in to laod into our Casios that can do that-maybe even a specific upload section for these-although could also be uploaded to whatever keyboard you designed it for. I am going to start with the PX560 since this is where these posts are-I have a selection of CZ and SK tones (no longer have the keyboards) as sampled tones I will try to duplicate as a single PX560 tone, or a hex layer-although I'm pretty sure most of thes can be done with a single 560 tone. I will also post this as a new topic since it may not get noticed here with my valuable and inciteful infomation about Richard Cheez...

• 1 month later...

I just remembered while going through the basic wavfiles-the PX560 has CZ sounds and wavs in it. Have to look through the wavs from hex layer mode, but there are some. And the PD synthesis was using the concept of analog sysnthesis based upon the original sine, pulse and sawtooth wavs, but added their own take on those=which made the PD sysnthesis sound ever so subtly different and unique. That-plus the 8-stage envelopes for amp, filter and pitch, amazing what on ecan do with just those 3 envelopes, maybe some LFO and a phase distortion (PD) wavfile. 

• Like 1