Video Files on Forum ×

Dust Cover

KONSTANTINOS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you're based in the Uk:

I just bought this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C6PG38H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's similar to the one linked above, fits the PXS3000 albeit a bit big but has elastic and a drawstring so is actually quite snug, DOesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as a custom one would but does the job.   It's fabric by the way and not waterproof.

• 9 months later...

I also wanted to ask about this.

I've had access to two PX-S3000's. One I ordered for a music classroom at work. More recently I bought one for home.

The one at work definitely got a lot of dust/oily fingerprints on it -- and I'm not even sure if those stains would come off, and I'm not sure what I would use to remove them. You know how some plastic stuff just kind of deteriorates over time? Unfortunately I never got to test cleansers because COVID-19  abruptly shut my classroom for the year.

So, I am wondering if any others have seen a deterioration to the plastic, or dust collecting by leaving it uncovered. This keyboard is in our Living Room, and for now I'm somewhat obsessively throwing a towel over it every time after I turn it off because I don't want it to look the way the other one does.  But doing this is a hassle, and counteracts the benefit of the fact that it is a very attractive keyboard for the Living Room!

What say you?

I decided-after having a few stretch covers-that were surprisingly poor at keeping dust out-seemed like it got through the rather thin fabric-I looked up websites for inexpensive upholstery quality naugahyde by the square yard, and with some scissors, a little stitching (I have leatherworking tools) or simple contact cement-proceeded to make my own, for everything-recorders, keyboards etc. Haven't looked lately-with the pandemic suppliers might be hard to find-but was very affordable by the yard if you find a good supplier-and in many colors although I've stuck with black. I have a Roland VS840GX  with this cover, which is similar to ones I've made for my Privias. Actually very easy to just measure a litle-don't even have to stitch anything-a piece cut to size drapes nicely over a Privia-and is water and stain resistant-definitely keeps out the dust. Sorry your classroom is closed, can't imagine what that must be like now. 

VS840GX cover.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DeltaJocky,

What cover? The only thing that came with my 3000 was the power supply, sheet music stand and the keyboard. Everything wrapped in plastic. Did you receive a dust cover?

I ordered the NKTM Black 88 Keys Protective Dust Cover for Electronic Keyboard and Digital Piano from amazon for $11. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZT5OA6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Fits fine and does the job. It doesn't have a cut away for the sheet music stand. My daughter is handy with sewing so she'll alter it. Even without alterations, it's perfectly fine for the money.

Casio Piano Cover.jpg

David, yes. Maybe it's an Australian distributor thing but it is a black thin plastic fabricy kind of cover. It is shaped squarely so slides straight over the keyboard to the bottom edges.

I do have a few of those Casio stretchy ones I bought separately and use them on my other keyboards, but they are a bit big for the S3000. I remember getting the same light plastic fitting one with my PX560 way back when I had it. They are waterproof and dust proof, unlike the stretchy ones!

• 3 months later...

Hi, I received a dust cover with my PX-S3000 also in Australia...also bought the gig bag which is fantastic. Can load-in in one go with keyboard on my back and 2 x 12" amped speakers and sundry gear on a trolley.....well worth the $$$$

• Like 2

I just updated my cover to a custom fit cover. Compliments of my daughter. It's double sided with material in between. Very much like a quilt. It's also very heavy compared to the one I purchased from Amazon (which i'll use on my old Yamaha P85).

My daughter just purchased a high tech sewing machine and needed something to practice on. Dad to the rescue. I'm very fortunate she's so talented.

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6043.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...