Video Files on Forum ×

Rhythm Conversions

Just Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I almost figured why these styles are so hard to convert.

In "normal" style, you have rhythmic pattern, usually played in C7, and keyboard changes it to whenever Major or Minor or any other, depending on which chord you've play. In these styles, however, each rhythmic pattern in style is written into 3 tracks, one for major, one for minor and one for 7th. So during conversion, this leads to junk. However, since cause is identified, now I know how to fix it. Here's very quick conversion of Country Slow 1 style. Main A and B are fixed, but intro and ending not yet. However, it is still usable. Will fix it later.

CtrySlow1.ac7

And another issue is that country music uses a lot of 7th chords, so for me, as a person without any musical knowledge, it is hard to isolate which track is a chording track (and should vary as you press different chord), and which is the solo track (one should not change chord).

Classic country-earlier styles before country went to pop and newer blues-style hooks and leads-used predominantly "6th" chords-a C chord is C-E-G-A-and thus is also an a minor 7 but not played that way in earlier country piano styles-was meant to emulate a pedal steel.  I don't know if this helps with your style construction. Used 2nds sliding into the 3rd almost as a grace note from the 2nd to a 3rd and the 5th crushed into the 6th-very characteristic of that style. Brad is knowledgeable about this style-has a really good solo posted here somewheres showing this characteristic sound. But then I am talking about rather ancient styles by today's standards-Hank Willams is still king in my book.

Yes, I've noticed that some tracks are 6th. As said earlier, my formal music knowledge is very limited - just to knowing that "C" rests on the separate short line in music notation :) And issue with country styles is, that when converting them to Casio, in converter, you have choice of minor, major or seventh - no support for 5th or 6th chords. Personally, I don't need that styles at all, just our member, RickyLee asked to convert some :) For myself, I favor 80's synthpop, blues and DooWoop, with these, I had no issues so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 9:54 PM, Just Alex said:

Guys, if you want more styles, I need more feedback. No feedback means there is no need for styles, so, I will not post them :)

Hello man, my first time here. Still waiting for my ct-x5000 and I have already started to explore its features and capabilities so to be "ready" when it arrives 🙂

I 'd like to congratulate you for your efforts. Really thanks for investing time to help the community. It's very important for all of us. I started to follow this thread 'cause I want to be part of it and why not try to share my own creations here too , later. 

Also , I d like to let you know that in case you are comfortable creating styles when you have samples from the requested style, I am willing to pay as well .

And..Happy new year !!!! 😉

• Like 1

Yes I have done some doo-woop, have to check whenever I've saved them. I think I'll post 3-4 of "new" styles this weekend.

Meanwhile, here is a list of styles (not conversions), I'm currently working on and approx. amount done:

Shakatak - "Night Birds"  - 30%

Paul Mauriat - "El Bimbo" - 30%

Joe Dassin - "Les Champs Elysees" - 40%

Status Quo - "In the army now" - 99%

Shakira - "Whenever, wherever" - 40%

Conversions:

"TechnoPolis" From Yamaha PSR-E2000. Almost complete, but having an issue with intro/edning playing major/minor

Also decided to convert some ethnic styles, almost finished these:

Mashakalny, Hewa 2016 - Arabic/Iran 

Niem Khuc, Tram Nam - Vietnamese

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:20 PM, Just Alex said:

Yes I have done some doo-woop, have to check whenever I've saved them. I think I'll post 3-4 of "new" styles this weekend.

Meanwhile, here is a list of styles (not conversions), I'm currently working on and approx. amount done:

Shakatak - "Night Birds"  - 30%

Paul Mauriat - "El Bimbo" - 30%

Joe Dassin - "Les Champs Elysees" - 40%

Status Quo - "In the army now" - 99%

Shakira - "Whenever, wherever" - 40%

Conversions:

"TechnoPolis" From Yamaha PSR-E2000. Almost complete, but having an issue with intro/edning playing major/minor

Also decided to convert some ethnic styles, almost finished these:

Mashakalny, Hewa 2016 - Arabic/Iran 

Niem Khuc, Tram Nam - Vietnamese

p.s : In the army now -> good  choice

Wow!! That's a lot of work I guess..I still don't have my ctx5000 home and I guess it won't be soon at home due to covid-19 impacts on transportations in my country. I can't wait to start exploring how all this work is actually done on the keyboard..I hope you 'll be here for some basic advices.. 

Today I was in the mood of oriental things, and did this conversion from Yamaha PSR S-970. The style is called "China Pop Ballad 3" and you can hear the original one here

(starting at 1:53). It took me several hours, because it uses custom drumset (standard won't work), also yamaha-specific system commands and wheel settings, so that shakukachi intro had to be re-recorded. Result is quite good. Intro/Main/Fill A/Variation/Fill B/Ending.

Actually, intro and ending sound quite close to M-People "Don't look any further", so I named this converted style as "C-People" :D

C-People2.ac7

• Thanks 1

Had an order from Russian customer. He decided to donate these 3 styles to community. While they're based on the Russian songs, they're still quite usable for other languages, too :D

They are as follows:

gubin.ac7 - Andrey Gubin - "Solnyshko". This was quite popular song in China in mid 2010s, since was covered by DJ Sunny - "Midnight DJ(Would you love me)" and took top places in C-Pop charts. Simple dance tune, but groovy.

Korolem.ac7 - This is from a Soviet Cartoon "In the blue sea, in the white foam", fancy reggaeish-dance style.

ZVjdut4.ac7 - Mirazh - "Zvezdi nas jdut" - late soviet, spaceish-style, dark electro-dance. 

gubin.ac7 korolem.ac7 ZVjdut4.ac7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...