Video Files on Forum ×

ACCOMP button turns on randomly

Tmac

Just got my 560 a few months ago and was surprised when the ACCOMP button just lit up on its own and was working.  Thought it might be a quick key combination, but could not find support for using them on this model anywhere.  Seems to happen in a spot of a particular song.  I did a 1.16 firmware update and it seems to have gone away for now.  Anyone else experience this?

Edited by Tmac
more info

• 2 weeks later...

No! Did you by any chance hit the accompaniment button when (if) you recorded this song, and now it recorded the keypress? I'd have to check mine to see if that's possible as I haven't recorded an accompaniment that way-I think you can as long as you use the system track.

Does it do this just with that song? The firmware 1.16 was specifically designed to fix a bug i discovered-a very hidden one-where using an edited drum tone/kit when recording-would sound like I added a very pronounced phasing effect. I have no idea if it addressed anything else, but aside from that 3+ years in with the 560, nothing wrong with any of the buttons, software/programming or anything else. Holding its own quite well. Brad's advice-I agree-make sure the button isn't sticking-it can feel like it is functioning normally-but even a tiny bit of "stuckness" might be making intermittent contact. why in the middle of a song, I have no idea. If it happens exactly at that same point repeatedly in only one song, I think the button press might have been recorded into the song, and will now switch itself in as soon as it hits that mark.

Edited by Jokeyman123

On 7/30/2021 at 7:49 PM, Tmac said:

Seems to happen in a spot of a particular song.

What do you refer exactly with "a particular song"? A recording? Or just playing live? :D

On 8/12/2021 at 3:54 PM, Tmac said:

Woops.  The problem seems to have cropped up again so the firmware upgrade did not do the trick.

If it was a recording, did it work fine for a while and now again it starts the ACCOMP automatically at that specific point? 🤔

Edited by AndrewL

Thanks everyone for the comments and help.  First I am not playing back a recording, I am playing the song live.  I am a complete keyboard noob so I play a few songs a lot  of times. I am using the Flowkey app through my iPad to learn and practice with, so that's the setup.  The keyboard is about 4 months old and has sat in the same place in my "music" room since I unpacked it. The button turning on is a random event only happening once in 5-10 times.  It happened again yesterday so I stopped and replayed the section a few times but could not replicate the problem.  Go figure. 

Hi Tmac, I have a PX-560M as well so far so good, but also have a PX-S3000 which does crazy things, check out my problem in the PX-S3000 section of the forum. I wonder if they use the same chips in the PX-560M?

Not likely (I'm guessing haven't seen inside a 3000)-the AIR 560 sound engine is different than the "advanced" AIR sound engine in the 3000 from what I understand-which would depend upon the basic CPU for sound generating and operating system functions-and there are many functions in the 560 that are not in the 3000-17 track song/midi recorder for example-the touchscreen which would need different software routines to function, the hex engine, mixer functions. Still only a guess-but I bet the 560 needs at least a different and possibly more powerful CPU to do all this-and also must need a CPU that can "address" the additional memory functions in the 560 that are not in the 3000-for storing registrations, custom presets, sound edits, songs and song edits, 3 different sets of midi channels for the internal sequencer, or as an external mid tone module and for the auto-accompaniment functions-defined as "A", "B" and "C". There is alot going on in the 560. I'd be very surprised if it uses the same CPU and memory chips as the 3000 although it is possible-I wouldn't want to be the software engineer(s) that might have to program the same CPU for both keyboards with such different functions-I'd suspect you look towards the MZ-X500 as the same CPU as the 560.