Video Files on Forum ×

New Teaser? Check It Out / Are You Ready?

Merry Christmas to all my Casio Family

Now "Check It Out" Something is really nice and perfect, coming at this time from the Casio... Laterally waiting for Jan 2022

Here is the link of new teaser video:

https://www.facebook.com/385715184839688/posts/4655022891242208/

Is this the new Teaser of the keyboard or re-edition of the previous one?
What you can think of the new upcoming keyboards?

If it is new teaser, then according to video, there may be a vocal processing in the upcoming keyboard? If you can listen the harmony and effects.

Something good to look forward to....:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance::boing:

We all need it!  Good timing Casio, thanks!  I sure hope it doesn't best the PX560 or new PX-S/CDP-S. But if it does, I am in trouble!!! Just when I thought I might not have to buy any more keyboards, life is rough!!!   Merry Christmas, Happy New Year! Time for....      :snax:   :beer:

• Like 1

I won't be the slightest surprised if it is just a CT-X or CTK with an over hyped teaser video.  Watching the video, you would think a new synthesizer was coming but Casio hasn't released anything vaguely pro level in five or six years.  They put their bet on returning to their roots of affordable consumer level devices.  I'd be surprised if Casio is going to make a PX-560, MZ-X500, PX-5S, CZ, or XW grade device this year.  Current parts and shipping problems make whatever it is more dear but but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another basic device with the same limitations they are known for providing.

• Like 1

In another post, there are links to a mind-numbing description of recent Casio patents, one of which at least was just approved Dec. 7, 2021. From the rather obtuse descriptions-my interpretation is that these are descriptions of some kind of new multi-color display that uses less CPU energy, and some type of newer more sturdy cabinet construction for the key assembly, and possibly a new updated key assembly. The descriptions sound very similar to what Casio already has for the touchscreens/key assemblies in the PX560/360/MZ-X and CGP keyboards, but these patents would already had to have been approved before releasing to the marketplace-so there is good reason for speculation IMO. I hate to be fueling what may be totally erroneous assumptions, but Mike Martin is promising something in January, so it must be at the very least an interesting new something!

How about a new workstation with complete wi-fi access to all controls-sort of a wi-fi player piano/workstation with a complete software "front-end" for editing, recording, playing from your tablet or computer and getting my morning cup of coffee. Don't laugh-bluetooth has more limited range-and imagine operating your entire keyboard from a wi-fi enabled computer-Windows, Apple, Android-a smartphone would be too small for what I am imagining.

Part of the patent description does mention wi-fi technology, so-a large-screen, remote control for a new workstation, is entirely do-able. A full network-enabled music workstation. Cool! This is what keeps me awake at night, now if I can find a way to stay awake during the day.🙃 And you could play it from across the street with a good signal-could really create some scary scenarios there, especially if it can be a sampler-hide it somewhere no-one can see it, then start triggering voice samples from 100 feet away.....well I'm called Jokeyman for a reason.....:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Random_Vibration said:

I won't be the slightest surprised if it is just a CT-X or CTK with an over hyped teaser video.  Watching the video, you would think a new synthesizer was coming but Casio hasn't released anything vaguely pro level in five or six years.  They put their bet on returning to their roots of affordable consumer level devices.  I'd be surprised if Casio is going to make a PX-560, MZ-X500, PX-5S, CZ, or XW grade device this year.  Current parts and shipping problems make whatever it is more dear but but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another basic device with the same limitations they are known for providing.

Casio is known for recycling parts from other models into new models, the parts have been there for years .... on the other hand, the aix chip of the ctx is capable of doing much more than it does. Objectively the ctx sounds better than the mzx and the effects are better. The problem is that Casio is not going to do it this time. If it were an improved ctx in terms of midi and sound editing, I would buy it without doubting it, but it may be a Casiotone with some curious benefit that remains in a toy with the passage of time. I have the money prepared, if it is not Casio, it will be another. Casio will lose and others will win. We will see it in 20 days.

• Like 1

All I hear on this teaser is a good eight bit sound, which reminded me of 8-bit machines like the Commodore c64 and Amstrad CPC464, which, by the way, still work for me like the first day. After them, the 16-bit Amiga and Atari very faithfully "read" the written words, so maybe the new Casio arranger will get a small keyboard with letters on the side, so we can write the words he will say in chords, instead of connecting a microphone and using vocoder. That would be a refreshment in the studio because we love retro! Retro for wins!

Edited by O'Neill

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago-1971-72 or so in college I wrote a term paper on among other things, how in a backlash towards being overwhelmed by future technology, many might revert back to more "primitive" ways of doing things-not in a violent way but rather a more community minded way. I aced the paper, had a great professor. One of ideas I described-not entirely original I got the idea from Marshall McLuhan's book-wouldn't it be nice if musical instruments could be more affordable so that any family or individual who wanted to, could play piano or other musical instruments in their homes-as many did years back in our culture.

In the US at the time, if you couldn't afford a rather costly acoustic piano or console organ (we were somewhat poor with 7 in the family, we couldn't afford a piano until my grandfather gave one to my mother-a very nice Baldwin spinet which none of us could play since we couldn't afford lessons either-until I went to music college and minored in piano, finally someone could play it but I now was out of the family on my own-torturing people playing drums and percussion instruments wherever i could get away with it (!) so mostly it stood in the living room collecting dust, sadly.

One couldn't get much of anything else if poor except a guitar and even those were fairly costly for a good quality acoustic-that in some respects it might allow families, friends to start creating music together in ways not possible up until then, as a kind of positive response to technology keeping us separate and isolated-which wow has that come true as so many are in a constant state of semi-hypnosis locked in front of computers, phones and tablets (well I am anyway!)-or watching infinite streams of media TV shows movies etc. apparently Casio has been paying attention-all these years later as they can provide us with the least expensive, and most realistic-sounding acoustic pianosand other instrumental sounds I've ever heard in my lifetime.  So yes Ashkansh, Casio is helping alot of people start their musical lives, in ways that fifty years ago,  were only ideas from people like me and others, only philosophical theories.

Not anymore.   🥰

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Akshansh said:

Only Casio is one of the best brand which is also focus for Beginners for their beautiful music startup and "Getting them Ready" for their musical life.

Yes, for beginners, if they continue to make plastic toys with their squeaky, plastic sounds!

1 hour ago, O'Neill said:

Yes, for beginners, if they continue to make plastic toys with their squeaky, plastic sounds!

If I can lookout on the other brands like Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Medeli, etc...

They (above brands) can not provide this much options in good price. Apart from that, some brands also don't produce their instruments for beginners. If any brands provide their instruments for beginners then they don't provide that much facilities as compared to Casio.

That's why,

I think only Casio is providing best sounds in a affordable best price with more intelligent AiX Sound output processor. With incredible tones and new rhythms creations.

So, still we need to be waited for the professional arranger or high grade keyboard by Casio like MZ, XW etc...?

I think they requirements of Beginners keyboard is more then High Grade or Arranger Keyboard...?

Also, WELCOME TO THE NEW CASIO KEYBOARD.... JAN, 20th.

Edited by Akshansh

I imagine

New CT-X model maybe?

Has more sounds and rhythms for dance and world music added (particularly Indonesian, Brazilian, Latin, African, and Vietnamese music possibly, I would love a wider variety of Indonesian styles).

Has over 800-900 sounds?

Has 64 or 128 note polyphony.

Pitch bend wheel and mod button.

Vocoder 

Some more improved sounds.

In the video, you can clearly see the red color, the knobs and buttons of the Casiotone that was seen in the images from a few months ago. Whoever is waiting for a superior model can sit back and wait. I bet one arm that being a Casiotone we can forget the midiclock, deep sound editing, synthesis ..... for me the wait is over. Nothing more to say.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Years ago-1971-72 or so in college I wrote a term paper on among other things, how in a backlash towards being overwhelmed by future technology, many might revert back to more "primitive" ways of doing things-not in a violent way but rather a more community minded way. I aced the paper, had a great professor. One of ideas I described-not entirely original I got the idea from Marshall McLuhan's book-wouldn't it be nice if musical instruments could be more affordable so that any family or individual who wanted to, could play piano or other musical instruments in their homes-as many did years back in our culture.

In the US at the time, if you couldn't afford a rather costly acoustic piano or console organ (we were somewhat poor with 7 in the family, we couldn't afford a piano until my grandfather gave one to my mother-a very nice Baldwin spinet which none of us could play since we couldn't afford lessons either-until I went to music college and minored in piano, finally someone could play it but I now was out of the family on my own-torturing people playing drums and percussion instruments wherever i could get away with it (!) so mostly it stood in the living room collecting dust, sadly.

One couldn't get much of anything else if poor except a guitar and even those were fairly costly for a good quality acoustic-that in some respects it might allow families, friends to start creating music together in ways not possible up until then, as a kind of positive response to technology keeping us separate and isolated-which wow has that come true as so many are in a constant state of semi-hypnosis locked in front of computers, phones and tablets (well I am anyway!)-or watching infinite streams of media TV shows movies etc. apparently Casio has been paying attention-all these years later as they can provide us with the least expensive, and most realistic-sounding acoustic pianosand other instrumental sounds I've ever heard in my lifetime.  So yes Ashkansh, Casio is helping alot of people start their musical lives, in ways that fifty years ago,  were only ideas from people like me and others, only philosophical theories.

Not anymore.   🥰

It is truly fabulous, that Casio allows us to enter the world of music with low prices and good features, but without forgetting this fact, I ask you a question: do we ALL have the need to start in music every time Casio brings out a keyboard? And I do another. Should we assume that Casio is a brand for beginners? If this is so, it seems perfect to me, but when you say this in this forum it seems that you are committing a sacrilege when later everyone praises this in Casio. I can't understand it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Exec said:

It is truly fabulous, that Casio allows us to enter the world of music with low prices and good features, but without forgetting this fact, I ask you a question: do we ALL have the need to start in music every time Casio brings out a keyboard? And I do another. Should we assume that Casio is a brand for beginners? If this is so, it seems perfect to me, but when you say this in this forum it seems that you are committing a sacrilege when later everyone praises this in Casio. I can't understand it.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. It is as simple as this. Casio makes instruments for musicians at a variety of skill levels. Some may suit your needs, some may not. Luckily you have choices of many brands. With products Casio introduced earlier this year like the CT-S1 they've managed hit a magical spot where both beginners and professionals are buying it - it is a fun, affordable and inspiring instrument. These upcoming products will meet and exceed the requests of many users since the CT-S1 and other Casiotone products were released.

44 minutes ago, Exec said:

Casiotone we can forget the midiclock, deep sound editing, synthesis ..... for me the wait is over.

It has MIDI clock capabilities and much more you won't expect. Since you don't have the product obviously you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 6
  • Love 1