Video Files on Forum ×

New Teaser? Check It Out / Are You Ready?

Speech synthesis. Pretty cool. It's in a nice product but I don't need a keyboard like that. Maybe Casio will put it in something more upscale that is not an 88-key piano (the only upscale products they make nowadays - CT-X5000 is midrange). 

Edited by AlenK

2 minutes ago, Executor said:

Yah, saya telah melihat manualnya, dan jelas tidak ada hal baru yang menarik bagi saya. Tidak ada pengeditan suara, tidak ada pengeditan sampel, tidak ada pengeditan ritme, tidak ada perekaman nada, suara yang sama seperti ctx....Saya tidak mengerti begitu banyak misteri sebelum presentasi. Sintesis vokal baik-baik saja, tetapi untuk penggunaan anekdot. Apa yang saya tidak mengerti adalah mengapa model ini memiliki midiclock dan seri ctx yang jauh lebih lengkap tidak. Keputusan macam apa itu? Singkatnya, Casio sekarang tidak punya apa-apa untukku.

so good news, you have to buy Korg Pa700. it's made for you. 😁

i have pa700 & pa300 & microarranger actually (anjiz sombong aing teh). punten 🙏

17 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Everything will be revealed live in just a few hours, not a moment before.  So close, yet so far.  😄  The link below should allow you to set a reminder notification through YouTube.

So, thank you Mike Martin and Rich Formidoni for this presentation. 

It looks like an exciting product feature this voice synthesis, not to forget the sampler. :)

• Like 2

What impresses me-with all the synthesis types I have at my disposal-from VA to physical modeling, FM ,PCM, organ models and all the virtual synths including granular and vector, a full-blown workstation sampler and Korg microKorg with vocoder-I thought it would be pretty difficult to create something quite different from all that-including a full bank of Speak-n-Spell vocal samples courtesy of Steve Howell (rip) and Hollow Sun....I was hoping for a more upscale version of the PX560-but this is intriguing. Casio have managed (IMO) to come up with a fairly different approach to mangling sounds. Formant synthesis has been around a long time-is the basis for some of the more unique synthesized sounds-but has never been put in a package quite like this with real-time controls in a hardware box. Either it will fade away as gimmicky-or could become a new type of standard in unique sound production. Time will tell and getting my grubby little paws on one.

Midi din, would be easier to directly connect to my hammer-action workstations to use as a type of sound module for its apparently unique vocal/formant/vocoder concept, plus to have a hand in the AIX to see if it is a noticeable audible improvement over what I have already. I will have to use a midi host to din adapter.

Bluetooth, a bit short range, my bluetooth "smart" TV doesn't even seem able to partner with my other bluetooth devices too well-but then with all the other frequencies flying around my house-I'm surprised aliens haven't noticed and tried to contact me-maybe they have and I just don't understand it yet. 😆 i definitely would let them play my keyboards....maybe they are, I would have sworn that i did not record that last phrase in my XW....

Pretty bold that Casio would release what could be a "niche" product in this fairly rotten, hostile marketplace-with supply chain issues and many musicians still not able to perform in public venues in many areas. If the price is right, might have an open slot in this madhouse for another Casio. At 10 pounds, I'll have to put velcro on the bottom to keep it stuck down-might blow away in an outdoor venue with the right wind! 

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AlenK said:

Speech synthesis. Pretty cool. It's in a nice product but I don't need a keyboard like that. Maybe Casio will put it in something more upscale that is not an 88-key piano (the only upscale products they make nowadays - CT-X5000 is midrange). 

I agree it's a nice product. The speech synthesis is an interesting feature. For the sampler I have the XW-G1 🙂 and anyway I don't have the space for another keyboard so I think I will pass...

A funny note: I was seeking videos about the little brother CT-S500. I was baffled because I found a lot ob road bike videos. CT-S500 it's also a Shimano product.

10 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

What impresses me-with all the synthesis types I have at my disposal-from VA to physical modeling, FM ,PCM, organ models and all the virtual synths including granular and vector, a full-blown workstation sampler and Korg microKorg with vocoder-I thought it would be pretty difficult to create something quite different from all that-including a full bank of Speak-n-Spell vocal samples courtesy of Steve Howell (rip) and Hollow Sun....I was hoping for a more upscale version of the PX560-but this is intriguing. Casio have managed (IMO) to come up with a fairly different approach to mangling sounds. Formant synthesis has been around a long time-is the basis for some of the more unique synthesized sounds-but has never been put in a package quite like this with real-time controls in a hardware box. Either it will fade away as gimmicky-or could become a new type of standard in unique sound production. Time will tell and getting my grubby little paws on one.

Midi din, would be easier to directly connect to my hammer-action workstations to use as a type of sound module for its apparently unique vocal/formant/vocoder concept, plus to have a hand in the AIX to see if it is a noticeable audible improvement over what I have already. I will have to use a midi host to din adapter.

Bluetooth, a bit short range, my bluetooth "smart" TV doesn't even seem able to partner with my other bluetooth devices too well-but then with all the other frequencies flying around my house-I'm surprised aliens haven't noticed and tried to contact me-maybe they have and I just don't understand it yet. 😆 i definitely would let them play my keyboards....maybe they are, I would have sworn that i did not record that last phrase in my XW....

Pretty bold that Casio would release what could be a "niche" product in this fairly rotten, hostile marketplace-with supply chain issues and many musicians still not able to perform in public venues in many areas. If the price is right, might have an open slot in this madhouse for another Casio. At 10 pounds, I'll have to put velcro on the bottom to keep it stuck down-might blow away in an outdoor venue with the right wind! 

USB+MIDI host=lag.....enough.

11 minutes ago, mike71 said:

I agree it's a nice product. The speech synthesis is an interesting feature. For the sampler I have the XW-G1 🙂 and anyway I don't have the space for another keyboard so I think I will pass...

A funny note: I was seeking videos about the little brother CT-S500. I was baffled because I found a lot ob road bike videos. CT-S500 it's also a Shimano product.

The sampling on the XW is much better than on this model.

Well I cannot compare the new CT-S keyboards to others. What I think as Casio is always works for providing us fresh new music experience. So if we look the video of CT-S their sounds are feels me more acoustic then CT-X or MZ-X keyboards.

Therefore this is not the "X" model, it's "S" so its best portable keyboard on 2022.

This keyboard have Vocoder which works as many of Choir sounds if I want the voice of many peoples at the same time without calling or even singing. It's also works as a rest for the singer for giving the lyrics-back.

On the other hands Pa4X, Genos or any other keyboards can offer this in very high price or (and) cannot offer this type of options in their keyboards even in high price.

10 minutes ago, Akshansh said:

CT-S1000V will be starts shipping very very soon and CT-S500 starts shipping from today!

I mean, when will the keyboards be on the shelves of European music stores? Thanks

Hi,

I enjoy the show yesterday. I think the CT-S1000V have a good chance to find it's way to me as I have no battery powered keyboard right now and its sounds source is fine for me and the vocal synth makes me curious. So such an lightweight companion suits me just fine.

To the critcs: Of course I always would have seen this or that option on top with pleasure and I ask myself some similiar questions but I think it is hard to make it fit for everyone. There are lot of hard ti fight semi or pro arranger keyboards out there and for it's niche the S1000V is well done. Gave him an atrractive price tag and we become friends. 

The vocal synth has great abilities. May the sampling function be rudimentary as always I see great potential in creation of own vocalists. This will rise and fall with the quality of the app. So if this is done right you can have everything (soundwise) for an vocalist.

I am also courius about the haptic of the big knobs. Have to view some reviews as well as reading specs and manual later today.

Edited by Brockesound
  • Like 3

Executor-a hardware midi host box such as the Kenton or similar-I use a Midiplus USB to midi din for instruments like this that have no midi din output-connects directly from hardware to hardware-no computer intermediary, There is no lag, providing you are not trying to play virtual synths connected to a computer. I prefer MIDI DIN for a variety of reasons for all my hardware musical instruments. I steer clear of keys or anything else that only has midi USB such as the newer Akai wind controllers that do this. I use the older Yamaha WX series that use midi din, but need the BT-7 battery-powered box to go from the WX7 and 11 to connect to midi din inputs and there is no lag with this setup.  Most key controllers or keyboards that do not have midi din do so because it's cheaper.

13 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Executor-a hardware midi host box such as the Kenton or similar-I use a Midiplus USB to midi din for instruments like this that have no midi din output-connects directly from hardware to hardware-no computer intermediary, There is no lag, providing you are not trying to play virtual synths connected to a computer. I prefer MIDI DIN for a variety of reasons for all my hardware musical instruments. I steer clear of keys or anything else that only has midi USB such as the newer Akai wind controllers that do this. I use the older Yamaha WX series that use midi din, but need the BT-7 battery-powered box to go from the WX7 and 11 to connect to midi din inputs and there is no lag with this setup.  Most key controllers or keyboards that do not have midi din do so because it's cheaper.

I have a miditech, direct from hardware to hardware, the ctx, both master and slave, has lag. If the ct-s has the same usb port, you probably have lag. It's the only keyboard I have without a midi din. It may be the manufacturer of the midi host but many of us have lag problems with the usb port of the ctx.

1 hour ago, RogerBannister said:

I like the sound of this.

But having to connect the app to the keyboard via USB? That seems like a real missed opportunity given the Bluetooth already available.

Latency problem I am afraid.!

16 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Hi @Brad Sauciernow that both models are official, wouldn't it make sense to put a link to these manuals as well as to the official demos in a pinned dedicated post in the CT-S subforum?

That way people would find the information more easily I think.

Just my 2 cents.

Vinciane

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Hi @Brad Sauciernow that both models are official, wouldn't it make sense to put a link to these manuals as well as to the official demos in a pinned dedicated post in the CT-S subforum?

Hi Vinciane (and everyone), 
Just so everyone here is clear - Brad isn't an employee. He's one of several co-founders of this forum and Casio America helps to contribute to keep the lights on. We all spend time here because we love Casio products. The whole point is users helping other users. So anyone could post the manuals or demos in a new thread. I just don't want you or anything to think that Brad should be stepping up to do more than he already he does (which is way too much). I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.  

Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, vbdx66 said:

Latency problem I am afraid.!

Transferring the words over is not time sensitive so it shouldn't matter. Perhaps there is a technical reason though.

Anyway, good job Casio! I think this keyboard will be a YouTube hit! We'll be seeing lots of interesting recreations of old songs with this vocal feature, I bet 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Martin said:

Hi Vinciane (and everyone), 
Just so everyone here is clear - Brad isn't an employee. He's one of several co-founders of this forum and Casio America helps to contribute to keep the lights on. We all spend time here because we love Casio products. The whole point is users helping other users. So anyone could post the manuals or demos in a new thread. I just don't want you or anything to think that Brad should be stepping up to do more than he already he does (which is way too much). I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.  

Thanks.

Hi Mike, Brad,

Message gotten.

I made a new topic with the manual and the product page of both boards in the CT-S section. It could be nice to pin the post but not being a moderator, I can’t do it myself 🤔

I made a second post with videos pertaining to both keyboards.

The Live event replay is really long. It might be useful if someone at Casio could divide it into chapters. I am sure it would bring more people to view it.

By the way, is there a standalone video of the outstanding performance by Laura Clapp Davidson? If this is the case, I’d like to add the link in the post I made with the videos.

And: slightly off-topic but actually not, why are keyboards almost always being demonstrated by men?

Apart from Laura, I haven’t noticed another woman either speaking of or playing on the two CT-S

More generally, all keyboard demonstrators, engineers or marketing experts of major brands are usually men. The notable exception being digital piano’s, I suppose that classical music is more “feminine” and electronic keyboards and synths are “geeky”, you got the line…

To my knowledge, one human being out of two is a woman and I am sure many of them are musicians and among those, some are bound to be electronic music instruments enthusiasts. I think there is a giant effort to be done in this area.

When I have more time, I’ll make a specific topic about this subject.

Vinciane